About Me

My Photo
Kristi
The Boy, 2 Muttleys and I have finally realized our dream of living 1 mile from the Lindt Chocolate Factory. Leaving Atlanta (the World of Coke) for Zurich (the World of Chocolate) hasn't come without challenges, incredible fun or giggles. Follow along as I chronicle our adventures as we acclimate to this new Swiss lifestyle.
View my complete profile

Pages

Got a Question? Want theories on Life?

Well why don't you email me then: fromatlantatozurich@gmail.com

Followers

living in Switzerland
Expat Women - Helping Women Living Overseas
Monday, November 30, 2009

What Is Your Inner Pig Dog?

Last Friday in German class, we were practicing our conversation skills and speaking in past tense.  It was my turn and I spoke about how I went for a run the previous morning at 7am. There was a collective gasp from the class.  How could I run at such an ungodly hour?

But then something amazing happened.  My teacher shared with us that her "Innerer Schweinehund" wouldn't let her get up early to run.  Whenever she shares something new, a phrase, a word or a verb, she writes it on the wipey board.  Once she did so, it suddenly it clicked, she wrote something outstanding.  I asked her if the English translation was "Inner Pig-dog", she said "ja", then I guffawed and proceeded to celebrate for all readers of my blog that they too would soon learn about the Inner Pig-dog.  Don't feel bad for my teacher that I guffawed in her face.  She has come to expect a little "Kristi wise-assery" and guffaws on a daily basis.  That is why I pay her the big bucks see.

She explained that your Inner Pig-dog is the voice that makes you quit or procrastinate or I guess be a pig while at the same time being a dog.   It is also a good way to deflect any responsibility one may have for their own actions or inaction.  Now I don't have to feel bad when I save my homework for the next day so I can watch trashy European TV, or when I eat that 4th piece of chocolate on a daily basis, or when last Sunday I polished off a 1/4 of a pecan pie (don't judge me, take it up with my Inner Pig-dog).  What noise must an Inner Pig-dog make anyway?  Snorf?  Barf?

So what is your Inner Pig-dog, what makes you lazy or procrastinate?  What do you do that you know you shouldn't?  Spill it...

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Love this! My inner Pig-dog tells me to let the dust bunnies be. They'll still be there tomorrow for me to vacuum them up! and the next day...

The Goldest said...

inner pig-dog today, inner pig-dog tomorrow, inner pig-dog forever!

Tatiana said...

My inner pig-dog lets me eat crumbly food in bed. Husband doesn't like the inner pig-dog.

Christie