About Me

My Photo
Kristi
The Boy, 2 Muttleys and I have finally realized our dream of living 1 mile from the Lindt Chocolate Factory. Leaving Atlanta (the World of Coke) for Zurich (the World of Chocolate) hasn't come without challenges, incredible fun or giggles. Follow along as I chronicle our adventures as we acclimate to this new Swiss lifestyle.
View my complete profile

Pages

Got a Question? Want theories on Life?

Well why don't you email me then: fromatlantatozurich@gmail.com

Followers

living in Switzerland
Expat Women - Helping Women Living Overseas
Thursday, November 5, 2009

49, In Dog Years

The Boy loves the "in dog years" joke, much like the Grandfather who makes money appear from behind his Grandchild's ear.  We just celebrated 7 years of marriage and like my cute Boy always does, he said "that's 49, in dog years...".  He didn't have 49 fingers, so seven had to suffice:



So the dog years joke is off limits when you reach a certain age, again much like the coin behind the ear trick.  I can picture an adult Grandchild swatting away Grandpa's hand wondering "what the hell are you doing behind my ear Pops???".  You then realize with a bit of shame that he was trying to be cute, but at a certain age cute sometimes fails.  I turn 35 soon and no way in hell I want to hear how I am 245 "in dog years".  My theory is, if it requires a calculator, age in combination with the dog years joke is off limits. I propose we find an animal that lives longer than humans so we can scrap the "in dog years" for age.  "Hey Kristi, you are 27 in Giant Turtle years".  Oh yeah, that's better.

So back to the point of the post, we celebrated 7 wonderful years last Friday at Petermann's Kunststuben which is a Michelin rated restaurant just outside of Zurich in a town called Kusnacht.  I am a wannabe foodie and I pretend to know what I am talking about, but when it is all said and done...I just want to eat some tasty food.  I don't care if I am eating a one pot meal, a hot dog off the street or 2 Michelin star magic...it just has to taste good.  Well, this meal tasted REAL good.  I was in heaven, angels sang and fuzzy kittens frolicked at my feet.



I even vogued while eating, this is a sign of a good meal friends.  Why was I so excited?  Switzerland has access to an abundance of quality ingredients but can't seem to do anything with them.  Our meals in restaurants have been expensive but have barely inspired a yawn, not even a burp.

I wouldn't say the meal was perfect, there were a few service hiccups when it became busy but that is to be expected.  This type of meal is about the experience, so we both relaxed, chomped and got dizzy on some wine.  Here is some eye candy:




CHOMP!



CHOMP, there it is...



Who let the CHOMP out...who,who, who, who...



Once, Twice...Three CHOMPS a lady...I love you.



and finally, BURP



"Oh this smells good, I think I will CHOMP the hell out of it..."

Happy Anniversary my Boy.  I don't care if we celebrate it in human years, dog years or giant turtle years.  I love spending any kind of years with you and I look forward to growing old together, even if it means you have to tell me when I am 80 "Hey Kristi, guess how old you are in dog years?".

4 comments:

Deborah said...

Very sweet. Can't wait to try this place out.

Chantal said...

Congrats! Sounds like a great place to dine.

Unknown said...

Happy anniversary to my favorite expats!!

Unknown said...

See what happened when you "clicked your heels".... the magic began!!
Congrats my sweets! We Senior Von Remicks will be celebrating 252 years in Dec! Dog years of course :)
I too have a birthday upcoming....and dog years will not be mentioned!!
Many more memories to make you two...God bless