About Me

My Photo
Kristi
The Boy, 2 Muttleys and I have finally realized our dream of living 1 mile from the Lindt Chocolate Factory. Leaving Atlanta (the World of Coke) for Zurich (the World of Chocolate) hasn't come without challenges, incredible fun or giggles. Follow along as I chronicle our adventures as we acclimate to this new Swiss lifestyle.
View my complete profile

Pages

Got a Question? Want theories on Life?

Well why don't you email me then: fromatlantatozurich@gmail.com

Followers

living in Switzerland
Expat Women - Helping Women Living Overseas
Thursday, November 26, 2009

Hey Thanks!

Turkey Day is my fave day of the year, by a long shot.  It encapsulates all that I love: Food, Drink, Football, Family, Rubbing Belly, Sleep, Second Helpings 5 Hours Later, etc.  In Switzerland, today is any other day.  The Swiss could give a rats patootie that the Native American Indians and the Pilgrims ate some dinner together hundreds of years ago while secretly loathing and resenting each other (which is sometimes not too far off from present day family get-togethers).

Today I have class, the Boy is working, tonight I must study and go to bed.  Fortunately we have made some friends, American/Swiss friends, who have offered up their home and hospitality on Saturday to host a Turkey Day celebration.  This will more than suffice although I am very sad I am not with my family today.

Since Turkey Day has evolved into a day where we must give thanks, I figured I would enlighten you with all that I am thankful for.

1. Eye Cream-  I am thankful for the eye cream I just purchased.  It actually seems to be visibly reducing the wrinkles around my eyes.

2. Radiators- I am thankful that my apartment is heated by radiators and not central heat.  Central heat dries me out like a Griswold Christmas turkey and so far, radiators have been quite kind to my skin.

3. Flu-less- I am thankful I have been free of all animal flu; bird, swine, human...with the amount of coughing, hacking, blowing on public transportation and everywhere else in between, I am shocked the whole city isn't in bed.  Here here immune system, you are a pal.

4. 1/2 Marathon- I am thankful that I am NOT running a half marathon today.  Last year, on this very day, I ran the Atlanta Turkey Day half  marathon which reduced me to tears and robbed my stomach of any desire to eat copious amounts of food.  This is Mary Kate and Ashley's dream diet, but not mine...see, I like to eat y'all.

5. Chocolate Factory- I am thankful I live near the Lindt chocolate factory because everyday my air smells like dark chocolate vs. car exhaust.  It is sad though that I walk down the street with my mouth open, looking like a humpback whale trying to catch plankton.

6. The Boy and the Monsters- I am thankful for my family as they make me smile every single day.  Without them, there is no place that could be like home.

7. Family and Friends- I am thankful for my family as they have given me support with all of my life decisions and to my friends, old and new, you all rule.

8. Courage- I am thankful I finally grew a pair and did something scary.  I haven't been this proud of myself in a long time.

Feliz Gobble Day!

4 comments:

Deborah said...

Speaking of half marathons...when and where?

Jessica said...

What eye cream? Do share!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Ditto....I want some of that eye cream!!
And any other creams that erase wrinkles!! :)