About Me

My Photo
Kristi
The Boy, 2 Muttleys and I have finally realized our dream of living 1 mile from the Lindt Chocolate Factory. Leaving Atlanta (the World of Coke) for Zurich (the World of Chocolate) hasn't come without challenges, incredible fun or giggles. Follow along as I chronicle our adventures as we acclimate to this new Swiss lifestyle.
View my complete profile

Pages

Got a Question? Want theories on Life?

Well why don't you email me then: fromatlantatozurich@gmail.com

Followers

living in Switzerland
Expat Women - Helping Women Living Overseas
Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Visas-Part Deux (please, keep your squeals of excitement to yourself)

We picked up our Visas this AM at 8:30am sharp. The boy and I were very anxious to get these as soon as they came available. Not so much for the normal reasons, like being able to get into the country, but more for the surreal turning into the real. The more we accomplish, the more real this experience gets.

So more Visa tips because it can be very confusing:

1. The Visa you receive from the Swiss embassy is temporary, you must register with the Canton your temporary accomodations reside in immediately. Once you register, you will then learn what type of Visa you were issued. It is still a mystery, ZOINKS! We will likely get an "L" but the Boy's company requested a "B". I am not sure what all the differences are just yet, but I do know if I get an "L", I really can't work...like, really.

2. You have 8-10 days to register with the Canton from the moment you step off the plane. I give you this range because I have read, heard and felt both 8 and 10. Basically, register...yesterday.

3. You have to re-register once you have a contract for permanent accomodations. This shouldn't change your visa type, you just have to be on file with the correct address.

So now that I have blogged you to sleep, I will plan on making some more exciting posts in the near future. I think I may chronicle the "coercing of our dogs into 2 tiny soft kennels", with pictures.

0 comments: