About Me

My Photo
Kristi
The Boy, 2 Muttleys and I have finally realized our dream of living 1 mile from the Lindt Chocolate Factory. Leaving Atlanta (the World of Coke) for Zurich (the World of Chocolate) hasn't come without challenges, incredible fun or giggles. Follow along as I chronicle our adventures as we acclimate to this new Swiss lifestyle.
View my complete profile

Pages

Got a Question? Want theories on Life?

Well why don't you email me then: fromatlantatozurich@gmail.com

Followers

living in Switzerland
Expat Women - Helping Women Living Overseas
Wednesday, July 15, 2009

If it were easy, everyone would be doing it!

Isn't she purdy?


Don't you want to smack that snarky bastard who reminds you of life's challenges? We signed up for this experience, so no use in complaining about how hard it is to move to a different country. Frankly, I don't know if it is hard yet but what I do know is selling a house in this economy is plain H-A-R-D. Here are a few tidbits that make me want to run for the hills screaming (which is totally ironic because we are essentially running for the hills moving to Switzerland):
1. "Your house is the best for the price, but it's priced too high" If I wanted realtor riddles, I would call the Zac Team (very annoying real estate firm who uses the phrase "Zac Did it Again!" when a house goes under contract)

2. "Don't drop your price, if anything...add gutters" What? Adding gutters is the secret to a quick home sale? I will inform Tim Geithner because the American public needs to know this.

3. Our neighbor just listed her 2/1 for over 100k less than ours. I don't find her artificially deflating the market very neighborly. In fact, I find it quite rude.

At any rate, selling a home when you really need to and really wanna, is very stressful. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy, well maybe Madonna or Paris Hilton...

0 comments: