About Me

My Photo
Kristi
The Boy, 2 Muttleys and I have finally realized our dream of living 1 mile from the Lindt Chocolate Factory. Leaving Atlanta (the World of Coke) for Zurich (the World of Chocolate) hasn't come without challenges, incredible fun or giggles. Follow along as I chronicle our adventures as we acclimate to this new Swiss lifestyle.
View my complete profile

Pages

Got a Question? Want theories on Life?

Well why don't you email me then: fromatlantatozurich@gmail.com

Followers

living in Switzerland
Expat Women - Helping Women Living Overseas
Monday, August 3, 2009

Are you from there???

Wait, what? Sprechen sie what??

So, I have decided that the next 2 or so years will be dedicated to Switzerland; its curiosities, oddities, idiocies, so I may as well highlight the same for the good ole US of A before I leave. Part of a country's differences include their people, so I found the following quite curious.

Two different people that I have had actual conversations with, multiple times, have asked me if I am from Switzerland. Am I terrible for thinking these two people are idiots? Now if I had a habit of speaking as if I were hocking a loogey, I could understand the confusion...alas, I don't have a hint of a German accent. Maybe people just think everyone sounds American everywhere...maybe they don't understand why I would leave this great country. Whatever the case, I stick with my first hypothesis...idiots.

I almost did a post about the folks who wished us well in Sweden, but I can sorta understand the confusion there.

1 comments:

The Goldest said...

Are you from Switzerland?