About Me

My Photo
Kristi
The Boy, 2 Muttleys and I have finally realized our dream of living 1 mile from the Lindt Chocolate Factory. Leaving Atlanta (the World of Coke) for Zurich (the World of Chocolate) hasn't come without challenges, incredible fun or giggles. Follow along as I chronicle our adventures as we acclimate to this new Swiss lifestyle.
View my complete profile

Pages

Got a Question? Want theories on Life?

Well why don't you email me then: fromatlantatozurich@gmail.com

Followers

living in Switzerland
Expat Women - Helping Women Living Overseas
Thursday, August 27, 2009

Ue La La

Last Sunday the boy, mutts and I embarked on our first hike in Switzerland.  We took the S-Bahn to Uetliberg, a popular spot for tourists and locals to take in breathtaking panoramic views of Zurich, Lake Zurich and surrounding areas.  Uetliberg is located in the Albis mountain chain and is a popular spot for thrill seekers and Boston Terriers.

Once you get off the train in Uetliberg, it is a short hike to the vantage point you see above.  From there we took some steps to the trail headed to Felsenegg.



Along this trail you see pasture, lake views, forest scape and the famous Planet Trail or Planetenweg.  The Planet Trail starts with the sun followed by all the planets to scale.  I could have gone with Uranus, but I went with Saturn:


The hike from Uetilberg to Felsenegg should take 1.5 hours but it took us about 2.  We stopped to watch some crazy bastard take off to paraglide, take photos of some stunning scenery...and lastly, to listen to some cow bell.  The boy and I were walking and said to each other "what this hike is missing is some cow bell".  Well the heavens heard us...these cows do in fact wear bells and they are bad ass.

The hike, the air, the scenery was spectacular.  It won't be the first or last time we make this trek as it is so close to home.  More pics from the day:




                                                                       
                                      
                                        

5 comments:

Jen said...

how beautiful! i'm so glad all of you made it safely. wish i could have been at one of those parties! can't wait to see pics of your new digs and continue to hear about how you're all settling in!

Jessica said...

Awesome post. I have meant to post more about Uetliberg but I never get around to it. Glad you enjoyed it. I can see already I am going to love seeing Zurich as the backdrop for your dogs. So cute! See you tomorrow!

Tatiana said...

I have been to Switzerland twice and I am absolutely sure that when you die, you don't go to heaven; you go to Switzerland. It is the most breathtakingly beautiful place on earth. I am so, so jealous! When you get settled, you should take a trip to Interlaken. It's amazing.

Christie

Kathy said...

I was just there this weekend. Lots of cowbells! Our Swiss friend said it's to keep the cows agitated and moving so that they will eat more and produce more milk. True story or dry Swiss humor? I don't know.

Chantal said...

Yes, you always have to add at least a 1/2 hour of an hour to posted Swiss hiking times. Unless, of course, you're a runner!