About Me

My Photo
Kristi
The Boy, 2 Muttleys and I have finally realized our dream of living 1 mile from the Lindt Chocolate Factory. Leaving Atlanta (the World of Coke) for Zurich (the World of Chocolate) hasn't come without challenges, incredible fun or giggles. Follow along as I chronicle our adventures as we acclimate to this new Swiss lifestyle.
View my complete profile

Pages

Got a Question? Want theories on Life?

Well why don't you email me then: fromatlantatozurich@gmail.com

Followers

living in Switzerland
Expat Women - Helping Women Living Overseas
Monday, July 5, 2010

Do You Have the Fever?

For the flavor of Pringles? Well...no, although last weekend I did somehow manage to bury my head inside a 4 inch cylinder of every one's favorite potato crisp. Admittedly not one of my prouder moments.

For Justin Bieber? Um...no again. Who is he and why is he famous? He does have good hair which does mean he is far more talented than half of Hollywood.

For the World Cup? Ding Ding Ding....BINGO....Ole ole ole ole ole!

I have been really digging this Fussball thing. I must confess that I didn't know much about it before the World Cup began and I still can't spot this whole offsides thing even though it has been explained to me ad nauseum. I love how the world is watching and I love the funny faces you see during the slow motion instant replay. Best of all, I love how it seems to have invaded the American arena and spirit. I was a very proud American during our short run and felt our team not only performed well, but didn't possess that primadonna thing that certain other teams possessed (ahem...Argentina...cough).


Above is further proof that:

A. I learned something in 7th Grade Home Economics Class

B. I am still a very proud American and will always be

C. That patriotism sometimes outshines bad taste...oh yeah, I wore this...in public. To the USA vs UK game Y'ALL!

It wasn't just about feeling patriotic though. I loved seeing everyone out watching their teams, celebrating and the palpable excitement that these games produce. In my opinion this is way more fun than the Olympics and almost rivals my favorite time of year - March Madness.

My hope is the US truly embraces the sport and tunes in more than every 4 years. Hey peeps back home, can you work on this for me while I am gone? Anywho, here is a little video action of the excitement after a Germany goal against Argentina. I have a feeling that the Germany birth rate may go up slightly this year:


2 comments:

Caitie said...

Because of The Swiss (my husband) I now enjoy watching two sports: soccer and tennis. I don't even like watching hockey, and I'm Canadian! I think that revokes my nationality or something?? Anyway, I've been digging the World Cup--especially the close-ups of the Spanish team....

Kristi said...

Good girl watching tennis too. As long as you like curling, I think you get to keep your Canadian passport ;) Oh and p to the s on the soccer hotties from Spain, I think soccer dudes in general are pretty smokin. There I said it. I like men who kick balls.