About Me

My Photo
Kristi
The Boy, 2 Muttleys and I have finally realized our dream of living 1 mile from the Lindt Chocolate Factory. Leaving Atlanta (the World of Coke) for Zurich (the World of Chocolate) hasn't come without challenges, incredible fun or giggles. Follow along as I chronicle our adventures as we acclimate to this new Swiss lifestyle.
View my complete profile

Pages

Got a Question? Want theories on Life?

Well why don't you email me then: fromatlantatozurich@gmail.com

Followers

living in Switzerland
Expat Women - Helping Women Living Overseas
Friday, September 3, 2010

Crouching Kristi, Techno Dragon


Street Parade is a day dedicated to techno music (I suppose even techno deserves a day), over-doing the substance of your choice and people watching.  The Boy and I rallied a group of friends together, some excited and some not so much, to take in the spectacle:


For reasons I can't explain, I decided it was in my best interest to crouch next to the Queen of Hearts during this photo.  As if her boobs weren't enough to distract the viewer from me, I decided to make myself look even more non-essential with the crouch.  

The Boy and I thought putting things on top of our heads constituted a costume and we went with a Good vs Evil theme.  Yeah, we are C-R-A-Z-Y:


I had never seen angel wings and a halo incorporated into one headpiece.  I HAD to have it...although looking at this picture I sort of resemble a strange creature from the movie Pans Labyrinth and well, so does the Boy.  Frank really seemed to like David's headband though:

  

And that's all that matters...

Street Parade was incredibly fun and since I have learned to drown out the train that runs through my backyard, I can proudly say I was able to drown out the techno when it was necessary.  I do have to admit however I did do a little dancing towards the end of the day...it wasn't the music that inspired me, rather the Heinekens.  The folks who weren't excited about the day ended up having a blast and we are all looking forward to next year.  We promised each other that a better effort will be made towards our costume design and some of us girls pinky swore that we would get on the main techno stage to dance like idiots.  Here is more crouching:

   
and here are the techno dragons:


3 comments:

Caitie said...

Oh street parade--how I long to see it in person. Next year, I'm totally going to go see this techno fest!

Becca Barnes said...

This is funny 'cause we went to Dragon Con over the weekend - very similar except even more gruesome. Lots of skin and craziness. I would have liked to purchase some people a bit more fabric for their costumes. So now I'm your mom: stand up straight for the photos dear.

Kristi said...

I finally figured out the crouch! I wasn't posing with these people, I was posing with the chick's boobs and the dude's 6 packs! To stand up straight in a photo, I obviously need taller naked people to pose with.