About Me

My Photo
Kristi
The Boy, 2 Muttleys and I have finally realized our dream of living 1 mile from the Lindt Chocolate Factory. Leaving Atlanta (the World of Coke) for Zurich (the World of Chocolate) hasn't come without challenges, incredible fun or giggles. Follow along as I chronicle our adventures as we acclimate to this new Swiss lifestyle.
View my complete profile

Pages

Got a Question? Want theories on Life?

Well why don't you email me then: fromatlantatozurich@gmail.com

Followers

living in Switzerland
Expat Women - Helping Women Living Overseas
Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I am THAT Dog Owner

I was just minding my own business last week, running a bunch of errands which happened to include some clothes shopping.  While walking about, I casually eyed what was being displayed in the different store windows. Something special caught my eye that day as I glanced over at the H&M and I had to go in.

Rarely, if ever, do I step inside an H&M.  It isn't because I am a clothing snob and as we have discussed before, this is the first year I was brave enough to put my jeans inside my boots.  It is because H&M gives me cartoon spiral eyes from the mind-numbing combination of fluorescent light, mobs of people, clothing strewn about and lines for fitting rooms 30 people deep. (Fitting rooms that also manage to collect the most amazing dust bunnies.  They are so amazing that you leave looking like you just rolled around in a barn)

So WHAT was it that could have been so amazing that I HAD to go in?  Well, I saw a doggy in the window and I had to save it from H&M:


That's right.  I bought a Boston Terrier shirt and I became THAT dog owner.  The type of dog owner that makes you wonder if they have a life outside of their dog. Well I can assure you that I do have a life outside of my doggies and I knew when I bought the shirt that it carried a certain amount of risk (in the form of scorn, both public and private).  I had to have it though and I proudly wore it last Friday night in public.  The beauty of not knowing Swiss German is I had no idea if people were making fun of me.

Feel free to mock me but not for the awesome pursed lips pose or for my ca. 1980's bathroom.  Those two things are off limits.



      

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I love it - you rock it. Well done. ;)And please do visit H&M more often, at least for those that can no longer go! ;)

Unknown said...

i have it too, but i a different color! :)