About Me

My Photo
Kristi
The Boy, 2 Muttleys and I have finally realized our dream of living 1 mile from the Lindt Chocolate Factory. Leaving Atlanta (the World of Coke) for Zurich (the World of Chocolate) hasn't come without challenges, incredible fun or giggles. Follow along as I chronicle our adventures as we acclimate to this new Swiss lifestyle.
View my complete profile

Pages

Got a Question? Want theories on Life?

Well why don't you email me then: fromatlantatozurich@gmail.com

Followers

living in Switzerland
Expat Women - Helping Women Living Overseas
Tuesday, March 23, 2010

MY Morning Jacket

I miss the days I could just open the back door, let my dogs out and they would do their bidness. You could find me lazily watching them from the window with coffee cup in hand, making sure no poopage was ingested or rolled around in. Here there is no back door to open or window to watch poopage action from. The Boy or I must take the dudes to the closest park, all of which are really quite close however at 7:30 am, they seem so so SO far away. As they eat their breakfast a la "Hills Science Diet Allergen Free", I get dressed for battle in my DAILY morning outfit:

Exhibit A


First I want to thank "One Eyed Teddy" for being my model. I think he wears this outfit better than I do. As you can see, I look like a hobo, and we aren't talking "Hobo Chic" either. I am a bandana-bag-on-a-stick away from being a legit hobo. Let's take a closer look, shall we?

Exhibit B



As you can see, I have a LOT going on (or wrong) with this outfit. I haven't been beeped at in this outfit but I am certainly not going unnoticed either. Thanks to the Tarheel's hat, circa 1972, I have almost caused several 12+ car pileups. The purpose of this hat was not only to keep me warm, but to hide my untamed "bed head". Now that Spring is seemingly here, I need a plan B to hide my gnarly mane. The Target purchased Pink Floyd T-shirt is the only variable in my morning outfit. This can be replaced quite easily with an old high school basketball T-shirt or one of my 5 sizes too big sorority T-shirts. The jacket, if you look closely...is dirty from who knows what and I am A-ok with that.

Exhibit C



I am afraid this is where things go downhill, and fast. Let's start with the fuzzy pants. I seriously wear them every morning, they are 2 sizes too big and I stuff them into my rubber boots. I like how they puff out like pirate pants when I do so...Yaaaaaar! The red socks were a gift from Delta Air Lines. I like to have a little "first class" with my morning outfit. Finally, the boots...as you can see, they are filthy. I have no plans to rectify this situation as I think the mud and dirt gives them character. Everyone knows rubber boots need a little bit of character.

Over dinner one evening with friends, one of which is Swiss, we were talking about the dress code here. The Swiss participant said that anything but sweat pants in public is OK and I blurted out "whoopsies, then I need to go to Swiss Fashion Jail". I don't limit the sweat pants to just morning poopage walks unfortunately. You can sometimes catch me wearing something breathable and comfy on my way to the gym. Unfortunately for me and the casual observers around me, my gym is in the heart of the city where everyone seems to be dressed to the "nines". I can't even imagine what our neighbors must think of me.

What I take away from my morning outfit is this, I am getting one step closer to being "ego free". It really takes someone with iron self esteem to dress this way, or incredible laziness. One or the other.

0 comments: