About Me

My Photo
Kristi
The Boy, 2 Muttleys and I have finally realized our dream of living 1 mile from the Lindt Chocolate Factory. Leaving Atlanta (the World of Coke) for Zurich (the World of Chocolate) hasn't come without challenges, incredible fun or giggles. Follow along as I chronicle our adventures as we acclimate to this new Swiss lifestyle.
View my complete profile

Pages

Got a Question? Want theories on Life?

Well why don't you email me then: fromatlantatozurich@gmail.com

Followers

living in Switzerland
Expat Women - Helping Women Living Overseas
Thursday, October 8, 2009

Various Literary Takes on Moving

Ok, so maybe I was a bit hard on the temporary apartment.  This move, like all moves, sucked the life out of me.  Moving is physically, emotionally and some other "ally" thing I can't think of right now, draining.  In order to demonstrate how this move went, I thought it would be fun to describe it in various literary formats.  (remember post one, I am not a writer so this is not your golden opportunity to correct any grammar or formatting errors, k?)

Haiku:

Moving sucks large balls
Really big elephant balls
Elephants are cool

Child's Perspective:

Moving, see my thumb?  Gee your dumb.

Ode:

Screw it, I don't have time to write 3 stanzas consisting of 11 lines each.

Poem:

September 16th, a lovely Autumn day
We left our temp apartment where we could no longer stay

We lugged bags and suitcases and dogs, one by one
They each weighed 500 pounds, how could that NOT be fun

We had no bed, no couch, no lights, no tables, no chairs
To IKEA we went, the amount of furniture we purchased was met with stares

The boy slowly put together each piece by hand
This was more than Saint Mother Theresa could stand

Four trips to IKEA later via train, bus, taxi and car
We furnished our flat and then headed to the nearest bar

Three weeks have come and gone, no internet, no cable
This could make Barack Obama angry and unstable

Last night we finally got our modem and cable box from Cablecom
I felt like a school girl at her 1992 Senior Prom

There are still things to do, like paint walls and fix lights
But I'd rather have the Pope read my last rights

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay, Kristi. So you're pretty funny. Every time I read your posts I chuckle, and am impressed with your wit and good form. Have you ever considered writing for a living (even though you claim not to be a writer)?

Kristi said...

Hey thanks Maggie. I claim to not be a writer so I can deflect any criticism that may come my way. Defense mechanisms rule. Miss you, love you! K