About Me

My Photo
Kristi
The Boy, 2 Muttleys and I have finally realized our dream of living 1 mile from the Lindt Chocolate Factory. Leaving Atlanta (the World of Coke) for Zurich (the World of Chocolate) hasn't come without challenges, incredible fun or giggles. Follow along as I chronicle our adventures as we acclimate to this new Swiss lifestyle.
View my complete profile

Pages

Got a Question? Want theories on Life?

Well why don't you email me then: fromatlantatozurich@gmail.com

Followers

living in Switzerland
Expat Women - Helping Women Living Overseas
Thursday, September 17, 2009

It's Only Temporary

I will never forget our first day in Zurich.  The old architecture, the clean air, the beautiful lake...the front door of our temporary apartment:

I suppose it was a courtesy to let everyone in the building know we had two dogs.  I am sure the cleaning woman appreciated it although I can't say she appreciated what she had to clean.  So if you know the boy and I well, you know how anal retentive we are when it comes to organization and cleanliness.  Well, we apparently left that crazy habit in Atlanta:


Clean Schmean...clean is for losers.


Winners have not one, but two alarm clocks (clock that came with temp apartment was designed by the maker of Rubik's Cube and let's just say we couldn't solve it).


Winners also make mountains out of shoe mole hills.  Saucony kicked New Balance's ass getting to the top.


Winners have giant boxes of crap that they have no clue how to get to their new apartment aside from taking public transportation 10 times.


Winners have dogs that can't be bothered by pictures.


Winners also make modern art in their bathrooms.  I call this picture "Life and Death: the roll's perspective".

So, while you kept us warm and dry temp apartment, I can't say you will be missed.   You were sure to not be comfortable because then you risked a long term relationship.  So temp apartment, I will let the door hit me in the ass when I leave you...gladly.

7 comments:

Jeannine said...

My god you're funny! thanks for making me smile:)

Unknown said...

I can't believe I am seeing this from you two!
But heck, it was only temporary....why not enjoy being messy while you can. :)
Am loving the pics Kristi
Connie

Unknown said...

Haha funnies post of the week!! Loved the line about the dogs that cannot be bothered :) hope to see u guys on the weekend. Good luck with the move!!

Deborah said...

Glad you got the picture of your front door. I still want to draw cute pictures of Dooley and Pedro on it. So scary!

Unknown said...

Love ya blog-tastic Kristi! Love even more that you guys had an unmade bed!! That picture was totally staged- I don't believe it for a minute. Happy belated B-day Dave!

Tatiana said...

Temporary apartments are AWFUL! We spent a couple of months in one in Memphis before moving to NYC. Happy new home!

Christie

Kristi said...

I had a hard time with this post because everyone who knows us has a memory of the boy picking up the coffee table with one hand, vacuum in the other at 12:01am on NYE. I didn't want to break the facade, but I did and you all really liked it, maybe too much ;)