About Me

My Photo
Kristi
The Boy, 2 Muttleys and I have finally realized our dream of living 1 mile from the Lindt Chocolate Factory. Leaving Atlanta (the World of Coke) for Zurich (the World of Chocolate) hasn't come without challenges, incredible fun or giggles. Follow along as I chronicle our adventures as we acclimate to this new Swiss lifestyle.
View my complete profile

Pages

Got a Question? Want theories on Life?

Well why don't you email me then: fromatlantatozurich@gmail.com

Followers

living in Switzerland
Expat Women - Helping Women Living Overseas
Monday, September 14, 2009

Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures


All you see is black and red.  You would do anything, well just about anything for just a glimpse...


Doing anything consists of being incognito, while giggling of course.


After a couple beers you become more brazen, proud even.


But at the end of the day, you are still at Hooters in Zurich and you are ashamed.  Being an American who loves college football, you would do just about anything to watch it.  You even make a reservation to eat awful wings, breath in cigarette smoke and be waited on by girls in shiny tights and orange mini shorts.  All for football, all for black and red, all for the Georgia Bulldogs.


You would do it all over again though because it makes for a good story and great picture opportunities.  Some Grandmothers tell their Grandchildren how they lived through a war...I will tell mine how I went to Hooters in Zurich for football.  They will hug me with pride.

7 comments:

mrsmac said...

you need to get a slingbox, stat!

Chantal said...

There's a Hooters in Interlaken too. Haven't been but we considered going...for the wings, of course. Didn't know they showed American football.

Subway is coming to Baden. Americana is slowly taking over Switzerland whether the Swiss like it or not.

Jessica said...

That is awesome. We go there for the 'wings' every once in awhile as well. Or at least that is what Jace tells me.

Ps. Did you get a new camera? Looks like a good lens...

Unknown said...

Ha, not my camera...wish it were. I need to give formal props to Josh and Deb (Peterhals) for not only giving us awesome picture coverage, but attending Hooters with us. You guys are proof there is no "I" in team...

lwelsh said...

Wow. While I'm proud of your complete dedication to football, I'm not sure what to say about Hooters. Don't they have any other fake American pub type places over there that show football? If not, I'm guessing Hooters' wings will be you new favorite Saturday grub. :)

Kristi said...

Oh trust me, this was plan "Z". This was the only place we found that would play it...we hopefully get ESPN america connected this weekend in the new place.

Deborah said...

Looking forward to Saturday night. Now if we could only get a "real" game to watch. Slingbox/Projection screen/Cable all in the works this week.