About Me

My Photo
Kristi
The Boy, 2 Muttleys and I have finally realized our dream of living 1 mile from the Lindt Chocolate Factory. Leaving Atlanta (the World of Coke) for Zurich (the World of Chocolate) hasn't come without challenges, incredible fun or giggles. Follow along as I chronicle our adventures as we acclimate to this new Swiss lifestyle.
View my complete profile

Pages

Got a Question? Want theories on Life?

Well why don't you email me then: fromatlantatozurich@gmail.com

Followers

living in Switzerland
Expat Women - Helping Women Living Overseas
Friday, June 11, 2010

Hearing Cinque Terre

I have been MIA from blogging lately but I have a good reason. My com-POO-ter has been giving me fits lately, shutting down without warning, making it virtually impossible to write a post. The Boy used his IT magic and now I am back in bidness. You were probably thinking my absence was due to the fact I couldn't come up with anything you could hear in Cinque Terre. Au contraire mon frere.

In this first video, not only will you hear me rocking my German at the end, you will hear some pretty pffffft-tastic cat sounds. Oh and before you start thinking David and I talk to each other in German, think again - David and I speaking to each other in German would be like the mute talking to the mute. There was a German tour group watching the cat action with us and I wanted impress them. They were so impressed that they proceeded to ignore us and carry on their way. So with out further hubba-ba-loo, here is your first sound of Cinque Terre:



Anyone else notice one cat was white and the other was black? I bet God and the Devil get all bored and come to earth, battling out in other forms...just for kicks.

So I am sure you are unsettled by all the cat screams so let's relax. Let's do a little visualization, shall we? Picture yourself on a narrow trail set high above the sapphire blue Mediterranean. Above and below you are rows of grapevines. A butterfly landed on your shoulder and a ladybug is dancing on your nose. Then you hear this:



What the holy hell? There was Dance Club Italia going on in the middle of our hike. We are talking the middle of nowhere. My hypothesis is the locals were blowing off some steam after dealing with all of the Rick Steves Zombies. Nothing like a little YMCA to rejuvenate you.

So the Cinque Terre series has come to an end. Africa taught me to travel with all 5 of my senses so I was anxious to see if I could duplicate the experience in Cinque Terre. My experiment proved that you can do more than just see and eat your way through a place. Hopefully I have inspired you to see, taste, smell, touch and hear the hell out of your next trip.

2 comments:

Brady said...

I would love to taste the hell out of my next trip.

Unknown said...

You can tell David wanted to go into the disco and take his shirt off.