About Me

My Photo
Kristi
The Boy, 2 Muttleys and I have finally realized our dream of living 1 mile from the Lindt Chocolate Factory. Leaving Atlanta (the World of Coke) for Zurich (the World of Chocolate) hasn't come without challenges, incredible fun or giggles. Follow along as I chronicle our adventures as we acclimate to this new Swiss lifestyle.
View my complete profile

Pages

Got a Question? Want theories on Life?

Well why don't you email me then: fromatlantatozurich@gmail.com

Followers

living in Switzerland
Expat Women - Helping Women Living Overseas
Wednesday, February 24, 2010

See Rome Run

So instead of showing you Rome in several blog posties, I have decided to show you our trip in the form of a children's picture book. Enjoy!

See Rome with Friends:


Seated atop our hotel's roof with our friends Chris and Lygia.

See Rome with Dogs:

Doggies checking out the Castle St. Angelo.


Doggies checking out the Pantheon.

See Colosseums, Ancient Markets, Ruins and Stuff:


Ruins in the Roman Forum. I loved this ruined stuff.



Trajan's Market, built in 100 AD. They specialized in organic free range chickens.


View from the outside of the Colosseum. Um, it made my jaw drop.


The Boy and Chris getting a call from Jason Bourne from inside the Colosseum. Saving the world happens at the most inconvenient of times.

See the Vatican City which isn't technically Rome:


We fortunately bought our tickets in advance, and yelled "suckers!" to all the people waiting in a 2 km line in the rain to get in. Just nuts what people do to get in this place.


I thought this particular sculpture looked nothing like me, but the Boy swore up and down it did.


Unfortunately you are not allowed to take pictures of Michelangelo's famous Fresco The Last Judgement in the Sistine Chapel, but there was plenty of other art you could snap photos of. We really liked this Philosopher's hair. Very Flock of Seagulls.

See Fountains, Steps and Views:


A little Trevi Fountain action


Actual steps from the Spanish Steps. Step on up!


Just one of the many spectacular views of Rome.

See Rome on an empty stomach:


Mmmmmmmm....ushroom fancy style served with bone marrow.


Mmmmm...foam on top of something I forget.


Our pre-dessert dessert


Our dessert dessert


Our post-dessert dessert

See Rome and obtain one dirty little secret:


Shame!

And finally, See Rome with Someone you Love:


4 comments:

lwelsh said...

I can't decide which pics are my favorite - the ones of the doggies or the ones of the food. :) Looks like you guys had a killer time!

Kristi said...

How's about the pictures with the Remicks? AHEM. Anywho, Rome was fantastic and I hope the pictures showed how amazing it was.

Tatiana said...

You guys look great! Looks like you are having a blast together! Love the pics of the pups, too. Bailey and Stella send snorts!

The Goldest said...

Great pics--the most wonderful city I have ever been. Wish Sus and I could have been there with you guys!