About Me

My Photo
Kristi
The Boy, 2 Muttleys and I have finally realized our dream of living 1 mile from the Lindt Chocolate Factory. Leaving Atlanta (the World of Coke) for Zurich (the World of Chocolate) hasn't come without challenges, incredible fun or giggles. Follow along as I chronicle our adventures as we acclimate to this new Swiss lifestyle.
View my complete profile

Pages

Got a Question? Want theories on Life?

Well why don't you email me then: fromatlantatozurich@gmail.com

Followers

living in Switzerland
Expat Women - Helping Women Living Overseas
Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Bat Crap Crazy-Volume 1


So gang, I have decided to do a weekly post titled "Bat Crap Crazy". It will consist of an observation or experience that leaves me scratching my head in such a manner that I end up looking like a dog with a bad case of Mange. I assure you it won't be all negative observations, for instance I am still in utter disbelief that I live a mile away from the Lindt Chocolate Factory. You can catch me walking through the park nearby trying to eat the air. I am sure a blogger down the street has done a post on the crazy lady in the park eating the air.

All it has to be is unbelievable. So without further rambling, I present you with Volume 1:

The Shiny Puffy Coat

So I am not fashion forward, I am probably somewhere between fashion diagonal and perpendicular. I have only started wearing boots over my jeans, which for this tomboy is a great accomplishment and one that hasn't come about without a little bit of angst. I get my hair cut once every 3-4 months, I don't paint my nails and I use Covergirl cosmetics. Maybe I gave too much away about my style (or lack thereof), but friends if I know anything about fashion, I know that shiny puffy coats are not attractive. I happen to own a puffy coat, albeit a non-shiny one. I actually think they can look cute if they aren't too big, or if you wear it with jeans and a pair of boots. I almost chose to do the post on the Floor Length Puffy Coat, but I decided the Shiny Puffy Coat was more offensive.



Here are 5 Signs you may own a a shiny puffy coat:

1. You can see your reflection in your puffy coat.
2. In addition to the popular choices of white and black, it likely comes in the other neutral colors of Fuchsia, Turquoise or Canary Yellow. It also comes with a fur lined hood option.
3. It doesn't keep you warm because instead of being filled with feather down, it is filled with bad taste.
4. A child has pointed at you and said "Hey Mommy, look! An Astronaut! I want to be her when I grow up!".
5. You are an Italian man.

Now if for some reason you are reading my blog and you own a shiny puffy coat with a fur lined hood, I can't apologize. Reason being, you my friend have the confidence of, well...someone really confident. You have something that transcends good taste and for that, you should be proud and give yourself a pat on the back...although if you are wearing your shiny puffy coat at the time, it is likely your hand slipped while doing so.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

"It doesn't keep you warm because instead of being filled with feather down, it is filled with bad taste."

Kristi, this sentence is the single most awesome thing I have read all week. Also, Mike and I miss having you guys here. Hope your holidays are great! -Megan

The Swiss Rambler said...

This brought a smile to my face on this cold, grey day. Seriously funny - if that isn't a contradiction in terms.